May 18, 2021: Panel talk: The Future of Water
We are happy to announce that the 18th of May Club Alpbach Netherlands will have its first (free) event of 2021 and you are able to tune in from the comfort of your own couch! We have two interesting speakers who will give us an insider’s perspective on the challenges and opportunities in water management.
Tuesday May 18th 17:00-18:30 (UTC+2)
– Henk Ovink was appointed by the Cabinet of the Netherlands as the first Special Envoy for International Water Affairs in 2015. As the Ambassador for Water, he is responsible for advocating water awareness around the world, focusing on building institutional capacity and coalitions among governments, multilateral organisations, the private sector and NGOs to address the world’s pressing water needs and help initiate transformative interventions.
– Nathalie Asselman is a specialist advisor on flood risk management. Since 2002 she has been working on integrated flood risk management studies. She developed flood inundation models, carried out flood risk assessments and developed strategies aiming at flood prevention or mitigation of the consequences. She is presently involved in the Netherlands’Deltaprogramme Large Rivers, aiming at reducing the expected increase in flood risk (due to economic developments and climate change) at acceptable costs. She also participates in the implementation of the EU Flood Directive.
Topics that will be covered during the event:
– Problems concerning near future water management
– Sustainable water management, SDG’s
– Co-survival with water
– Key advice for our generation
February 04, 2020 – Lecture: The Joint Challenge of Gloom and Prosperity
CAN, in cooperation with Amsterdam University College, invited Alexander Rinnooy Kan to give an insightful talk about the joint challenge of gloom and prosperity as an appetizer for EFA 2020. We were happy to explain the scholarship opportunities to many new faces!
November 28, 2019 – Alpbach Netherlands Autumn Meetup
Club Alpbach Netherlands is also here for those who have been to Alpbach, and would like to stay in touch with the many friends they made there. That is why we organized a meetup, without any formalities or larger purpose other than to share our experiences by the beautiful IJ-shore in Amsterdam.
August 26, 2019 – EFA 2019 Fireside talk
During EFA 2019, CAN together with Club Alpbach Steiermark (Styria) hosted a fireside talk with Alexander Rinnooy Kan (member of the Dutch Senate 2015-2019 and ING Group Executive Board 1996-2006). It was a great opportunity to compare Dutch and Austrian experiences in economics, society, arts and more. Thank you, Club Alpbach Steiermark!
November 24, 2018 – CAN Kick-off Event
The 24st of November was the first official event by Club Alpbach Netherlands. The board introduced the Forum to the attendees and answered questions. The ‘Borrel’ that followed lasted until late.